Lost or Stolen Card?


If your personal or account information, checkbook, ATM/Debit card or credit cards are lost or stolen, please follow the procedure listed below as it applies to your situation. For assistance, see below to contact Member Services and/or our Accounting Manager per case.

Call us and any other institutions/credit card companies to freeze or flag your accounts: 

BOND Community FCU: 1-866-525-0619

BOND VISA Debit Card: 1-800-472-3272

BOND VISA Credit Card: 1-800-325-3678

  • Make sure you specify exactly what information and/or items were lost or stolen.

  • If you have fraudulent activity on your VISA Credit Card, report it immediately.

  • See below for more on reporting ATM/Debit Card fraud on your account.

  • See below for more on lost/stolen checkbooks, Checking Account numbers and/or ACH fraud.

  • File a report with your local police department. Write down your case # & obtain the report as soon as you can; you may need both.

Contact one or all of the three national credit reporting agencies to place a fraud alert on your credit bureau:

Equifax : 1-800-525-6285

Experian : 1-888-397-3742

Transunion : 1-800-680-7289

Call the Social Security Administration to verify that your Social Security Number matches with just your legal name; verify that no one else is using your SSN.

Social Security Administration

1-800-269-0271 or 1-800-772-1213

Call the U.S. Postal Service & verify there has been no address change requested in your name.

USPS : 1-800-275-8777

Call TeleCheck to place a fraud alert.

TeleCheck : 1-800-366-2425

Contact the Federal Trade Commission to obtain additional information.

FTC ID-Theft Reporting : 1-877-438-4338

If you believe certain ATM/Debit Card transactions are fraudulent:

Submit a Cardholder Dispute Form (make sure you follow the instructions on page 2 of the form exactly) in person, by email , or by FAX: 404-577-8529.

If you need assistance, please email our Accounting Manager or call 1-866-525-0619, ext 213.

If your checkbook and/or Checking Account number has been compromised, lost or stolen:

  • Determine check numbers & dollar amounts for any outstanding (not yet cleared) checks.

  • Determine the range/number of unwritten checks missing (ex: check numbers 1426-1450).

  • Verify which checks rightfully cleared your account before the current situation occurred

  • If any fake or fraudulent checks cleared your account, please submit a Check Dispute Form.

  • Once complete, submit the form in person, by email , or by FAX: 404-577-8529

If you need help, email our Accounting Manager or call 1-866-525-0619, ext 213)*

If you believe certain ACH/automatic or electronic payments are fraudulent:

Please email our Accounting Manager or call 1-866-525-0619, ext 213)*

Not sure what to do? Contact BOND to assist you:

Member Services : Toll-Free 1-866-525-0619, ext 219

Accounting Manager : Toll-Free 1-866-525-0619, ext 213

*Follow whatever additional steps & procedures that BOND Community FCU (and/or other relevant institutions) and the police department provide you.

 Helpful Web Links

These sites contain further information for safeguarding your personal and account information, as well as general security tips. Note: these sites are not affiliated with BOND Community FCU in any way.

Internet Crime Complaint Center
Stay Safe Online